Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dusting it off...

It is no great surprise that I have been absent from this post. The boy is bustling with 8 months of energy and what little time I have is spent in Skyrim or lamenting not playing  Skyrim.

I did try the hardcore fan fiction thing with Torchlight, I honestly did. But my endeavor to play until I died lasted only so long. It happened like this:

I was adventuring through the depths of mines of Torchlight when suddenly...The baby cries. I look over to make he is okay, he is, I look back. I am dead. And the sad thing is I tried to start over, several times. Even though it wasn't within the preset, self-imposed rules, I started over. The baby cries, I look, he is fine, I look back and on Torchlight, dead.

Alas, this the life of gamer dad with an infant son.

Though the game of trying figure out my boy is by far the most challenging. He is constantly evolving puzzle that offers little clues to its solution. But the rewards are amazing. Right now he has figured out how to zombie crawl, down right cute, especially when he is terrorizing the dog.

Anyhow, I struggle to eek out sometime to play Skyrim. My elder Orc Shaman type has just felled his second dragon. The game is simply amazing. Yay, Bethesda.

No comments:

Post a Comment