Sunday, April 10, 2011

Add son, subtract gaming?

Hello all! It has finally happened. On 03/27/2011 my son was born! It is an amazing, profound shift in how you view your priorities. I am not surprised that I am generally more interested in baby TV than I am my Xbox, though I have put some hours in over the past couple of weeks while the little guy naps on my chest or his bouncy chair. I know I have become much more sensitive to the type of game I play, even though he isn't aware of it, I am. I guess I am editing myself for content from here on out, no easy task to say the least.

I did take advantage of a discount sale on XBLA last week for Costume Quest. I am a huge Double Fine/Schaeffer fan, I mean I actually liked Brutal Legend. Costume Quest had a flavor of Earthbound for the SNES, great fun, funny dialog and great concept.

I have a challenge for you all, and it is a timely one!

Do something nice for a 1st time parent-

These past weeks have been made easier by friends and family dropping off dinner every night to help us make an adjustment. I really don't know what I would be eating if weren't for these folks. 

Or.

Walk their dog or take out the recycling or some such chore. It makes a difference.

So while its not a "major" charity, it does help your immediate community. Do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment